2014#20 – Black&white striped pants – Calças às riscas brancas e pretas

DESCRIPTION: Wide leg pants with side seam shifted to the front, in-seam pockets, shaped waistband and fly-front zipper. 
 
Note: You can see photos of me wearing the pants here; also note that I've skipped project 2014#19: it’s an eyelet midi skirt that I've reviewed here (full tutorial); 
 
PATTERN: BurdaStyle 2013/12 model 103; I've used this pattern before (click here and here) but this time I’m cutting a size smaller (36) and also keeping the original model without alterations (on my previous versions I altered the shifted side seam into a side panel). 
 
--- 
 
DESCRIÇÃO: Calças de perna larga com costura lateral deslocada para a frente, bolsos metidos na costura, cós enformado e carcela com fecho. 
 
Nota: podem ver fotos de mim a usar as calças aqui; notem também que saltei o projeto 2014#19: é uma saia midi rodada feita de tecido bordado Inglês cujo passo-a-passo completo foi publicado no meu outro blogue (ver aqui).
 
MOLDE: BurdaStyle 2013/12, modelo 103; Já tinha usado este molde antes (ver aqui e aqui), mas desta vez cortei o tamanho abaixo (36) e também usei o molde sem alterações (nos projetos anteriores tinha-o alterado para ter painéis laterais).

There’s little to add to what I've said before about this pattern; this time my main concern was matching the stripes. The extended back was cut with the stripes aligned vertically and the narrower front panels were cut with the stripes aligned horizontally. Bellow you can see the waistband, back and front: 
 
--- 

Não há muito a acrescentar ao que já disse sobre este modelo; desta vez a preocupação principal foi casar as riscas e manter a simetria do modelo. O painel de trás que se estende para a frente foi cortado com as riscas ao alto e o painel reduzido da frente com as riscas horizontais. Abaixo podem ver o cós, atrás e à frente:

 The front-fly zipper / A carcela com fecho:

 The inseam pockets / Os bolsos metidos nas costuras:


CONCLUSION: I really love the visual effect of the horizontal/vertical stripes! Earlier today I also finished a wooded jacket (kind of a parka actually) using the same striped fabric; stay tuned for the upcoming review! Thank you all so much for visiting!
 
---
 
CONCLUSÃO: Adorei o efeito visual das riscas horizontais/verticais neste modelo! Hoje ainda consegui acabar uma jaqueta com capuz (uma espécie de parka) usando este mesmo tecido; estejam atentos porque não devo demorar muito a publicá-la! Muito obrigada a todos por visitarem!

7 comments:

Rhonda Buss said...

I like!!!!, a lot :)

Bunny said...

I love the graphic nature of your design, Tany. Beatifully executed!

Gail said...

Stunning use of fabric and beautifully constructed as always.

Anonymous said...

Seriously gorgeous! Great construction and attention to detail.

Mónica Martinho said...

Simplesmente adorei!!!!
Bjs
Monica

MimieauxSew said...

Tany,
You have an eye for matching design and fabric. I am always impressed.
Mimieaux

Hannah Murphy said...

I love this design! They would look so edgy together! You are really great at designing!

Would you like to follow each other? Let me know!

www.pookybanana.com