2016#8: The Blue Steel top (modified V1465)

 EN Summary: The Blue Steel set is now complete with the finished top. You can see me wearing the full set at Tany et La Mode (click here), if you wish. Keep reading for more details on the top and the modifications to the original pattern.
---
PT Sumário: O conjunto Blue Steel está completo com o top, o elemento que faltava. Podem ver-me a usar o conjunto completo no Tany et La Mode (clicar aqui), se quiserem. Continuem a ler para verem os detalhes do top e as modificações que fiz ao molde original.



EN: I've sewn this pattern before for the Red Galore set (click here for the previous sewing review), so this time I wanted to make a slightly different top. The original pattern was quite long (roughly hip length) so I decided to make the Blue Steel top shorter; I also shortened the collar by half and added a chest dart. Below you can see the finished top on the dressform:
---
PT: Já tinha costurado este top para o conjunto Red Galore (clicar aqui para o artigo de costura), e desta vez resolvi modificar o molde ligeiramente, para ser diferente. O molde original era bastante comprido (dava mais ou menos pela anca), por isso encurtei-o; também diminui a altura da gola para metade e acrescentei uma pequena pinça de peito, para ajustar melhor a frente. Na foto abaixo podem ver o top no manequim de costura:
 EN: I think the shorter collar will be more wearable in spring, hence the modification;
---
PT: Fiz a gola mais pequena a pensar na primavera, faz-me impressão as golas altas com o calor;

 EN: The chest dart is very narrow but just enough for a better fit; 
---
PT: A pinça de peito é bastante pequena mas suficiente para um melhor ajuste nesta área:
Conclusion: This top hangs a little different from the previous one due to the characteristics of the fabric used (less stretchy and thinner than the red Ponte Roma), but I'm also happy with it. I think the whole set turned out quite good, and I wore it yesterday for my Birthday party :). Thank you all for dropping by and for the lovely comments on my last post! I'll be back soon with more projects and news!
---
Conclusão: O top tem um caimento um pouco diferente do primeiro que fiz devido às caracteristicas do tecido (menos elástico e mais fino) mas também gostei do resultado final. Acho que o conjunto ficou muito bonito e usei-o ontem no meu Aniversário :). Obrigada a todos por aparecerem e pelos simpáticos comentários, muito em breve retornarei com novos projetos e novidades!

5 comments:

Amanda S. said...

The outfit turned out so well! I love your hair too.

Gail said...

The outfit looks fantastic. I love the way you commit to a single colour and work it.

Bunny said...

Happy Birthday, Tany! Love your new outfit and hairdo. You look mahhhhhvelous!

Mónica Martinho said...

Ficou sem dúvida bem executado.

Andy Du said...

O conjunto ficou fantástico. Parabéns.