2014#11: The owl sheer top – Top de tecido leve estampado com corujas


ETA: You can pictures of me wearing the top on my personal style blog (click here)

This is the first of my short vacation at home sewing projects; I had this cute owl print sheer fabric in my stash and since baby blue is so trendy for this spring I decided to make a top out of it; this top has an accentuated V shaped neckline, wide sleeves and in spite of the recommended fabrics being fabrics with some body like linen or satin, I thought it would perfect for a sheer fabric like chiffon or gauze as well. The pattern used was BurdaStyle 2014/02 model 117
--- 
Editado para acrescentar: Podem ver fotos minhas a usar o top no meu blogue de estilo pessoal (clicar aqui)

Este é o primeiro dos projetos concluídos durante a minha semana de férias em casa; tinha este tecido estampado com corujas que acho bastante engraçado e como o azul-bebé está bastante na moda para esta primavera, decidi fazer um top com ele. O top tem um decote em V bastante acentuado e mangas abalonadas, e apesar dos tecidos recomendados serem tecidos com algum corpo (como o linho e o cetim), achei que também ficaria bem com um tecido mais leve e fino como este. O molde usado foi o modelo 117 da BurdaStyle 2014/02:

I’m not going to extend this review because I have a few more garments to be reviewed; I’ll just say that this type of fabric is not easy to cut (I layered it on top of newspaper papers and used a rotary cutter and mat), it’s also not heat resistant, so I had to use the pressing iron on the lower setting and always use a press cloth between the iron and the fabric,…) Applying fusible interfacing to the neckline facing was an adventure on its own and after a few tests I found a low temperature sheer fusible interfacing that worked . The seam treatment was the simplest possible, after stitching (used the thinnest needle available on the sewing machine, size 60) I zigzagged SAs together and trimmed away the excess. 
--- 
Não me vou estender muito no processo de costura pois tenho mais algumas peças para mostrar; vou apenas mencionar que um tecido deste tipo não é fácil de cortar pois é muito escorregadio; estendê-lo sobre folhas de jornal ajuda a mantê-lo direito enquanto se corta e uma lâmina rotativa com tapete de corte próprio é sem dúvida o método de corte que resulta melhor. O tecido também não aguenta temperaturas altas, tive de o passar com o ferro no mínimo e mesmo assim usar sempre um pano fino entre o tecido e o ferro. Aplicar entretela termo-colante à vista do decote foi um filme: depois de várias tentativas lá consegui usar uma entretela muito fina que colava a baixas temperaturas. O acabamento das costuras também foi o mais simples possível: depois de cosidas (usei a agulha mais fina na máquina, tamanho 60), chuleei os valores de costura juntos com ponto ziguezague e aparei rente ao ziguezague.



Conclusion: A nice trendy top that I’ll layering over a strappy top! Loved the end result! Stay tuned for quite a few more garments to be reviewed next!
---
Conclusão: Um top bem na moda para usar sobre um top de alcinhas! Adorei o resultado! Fiquem atentos pois tenho mais algumas peças feitas para mostrar!

7 comments:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I always admire sewists who use these fiddly fabrics and up with such awesome garments! This is a great top!

Kelly said...

Beautiful blouse. I like the fabric. Perfect summer top.

Vicki said...

This is a really cute top. I wouldn't have thought to use a soft fabric. It works really well.

Mónica Martinho said...

Bem, estou a ver que essa não foi fácil de fazer, mas acho que valeu a pena, pois ficou super gira!

Bjs

Mónica

AllisonC said...

That is a really cute top, though I have no idea how the model is able to wear it without anything underneath !

Levone said...

Lovely top!

Gail said...

The owls are so pretty! Please post a wearing picture soon.